Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 59: Home

(Her: Joanna)

Don’t know since when I shifted from being “I’m from Hong Kong” to “I’m from Canada”.  I feel excited to talk about how beautiful Vancouver is and promoting Whistler to other backpackers.  Unlike my trips to Australia, Asia, South America and Western Europe, Eastern European talks about Canada as the “promised land”.  I’ve only heard of this term describing Canada in text books.  It is so strange to hear it from people.  Traveling through the Eastern European countries and learning what had happened to them, relatively, Canada is a “promised land”.  The peace and security, I now learn, is not a guaranteed thing for every country.  We, Canadian, are a lucky bunch.  I’m proud to be Canadian.  One thing I love traveling is that it allows you to see and helps you realize and appreciate things that you have.

Happy Canada Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment