Sunday, July 1, 2012

Day 59: Illusion?! Are the fishes in the water or in the air?

(Her :  Joanna)

We bumped into a backpacker on a train to Ljubljana that Plitvice is a must go but it is a pain in the ass to get to by public transportation.  We met a pair of young couple, Eric and Rena, from San Francisco at the hostel we stayed in at Pula who was also heading to Zadar the same day.  We sold them on going to Plitvice with us.

After 4 hours of painstaking search of car rental (thanks to Eric and Charlie), we finally got one.  Plitvice National Park was well worth the effort and the 2-hours drive!  The water was ridiculously clear.  You can see right through the bottom.  After you starred at the water for a while, you get confused whether the fishes are in the water or in the air.  I have never seen any water so clear ever in my life.   There were also a few waterfall, though not as spectacular as Iguazu Fall in Brazil/Argentina, the turquoise color water with the sun shining onto it is a beauty in another way.




On our way back to Zadar, Eric, who was in his early 20s asked us some questions surrounding the theme of “do you feel that you are old?” and advices.  At that moment I realized that these are some of the questions in my mind when I was in my early 20s that I used to ask people older than me for advice.  I hate to but have to admit that I’m no longer the amateur, inexperience baby who just graduated from college as my colleges more senior of me used to say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment