Friday, July 27, 2012

Day 85: Home town of Mother Teresa - Skopje, Macedonia


(Him: Charlie)
I am in Skopje, Mother Teresa’s home town, to pay pilgrimage to one of the greatest person ever lived on earth. Most people associate Mother Teresa with Calcutta, India, but she was actually born and raised in Skopje, where she spent 18 years before devoting her life to the “poorest of the poor”.

It’s a shame that I didn’t know who Mother Teresa was until she passed away in 1997; and I didn’t know what she had done until the visit to Skopje. Her altruism and dedicated soon garnered my utmost respect, and right away she became one of the persons I respect the most.

Take a look at the vow she wrote when founding the Missionary Sisters of Charity.
"I, sister Mary Teresa, vow and promise to Almighty God and to the blessed Virgin Mary in the hands of your grace, the archbishop of Calcutta, for life. Poverty, chastity, obedience and also to devote myself to the service to the poor." 

The devotion of being poor and dedication of helping the poor for the entire life is an accomplishment that is unmatched by any regular people.

Salute, Mother Teresa!

No comments:

Post a Comment