Wednesday, April 9, 2014

2-Years Anniversary: Re-living Our Backpacking Days

(Her: Joanna)


In a random occasion, I’ve got asked to tell a travel story that would entice someone to visit a place.  To my surprise having backpacked to so many places, my brain froze.  All these travel scenes popped up in my head like a flashback but they are all more or less descriptive snippets of places I traveled to.  Not stories!  I can’t come up even one decent story!  I cannot believe it.  

 After this happened, I spent the whole weekend digging through my mind for a good travel story.  I remembered so many little but great moments about my past trips.  It has nothing to do with what I see or what activity I did.  What’s common amongst these memories that pop to my mind is that they all left me with strong feeling when it happened.  But most of my travel blogs record what I did and where I go.  I probably have not use a story angel enough to capture my travel on my travel blog.  Then, I got the idea to do a 2-year anniversary blog posts, using a story angel, to re-write travel memories that still left me the strongest impression.   



I’ve always say I like travel because I like to experience different culture and see different things.  So after 2 years, what sticks out?  What did I learn and remember?  Re-living my travel definitely is a treat for me.  It always leaves me a big smile feeling that I’m on the road again.   

Leave me a note letting me know how you like my story-telling blog posts please!

No comments:

Post a Comment