Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Why can companies in HK does customer service North American can’t?


My first credit card in HK has just been approved.   Through out my application process, the same person contacts me by phone and email to ensure I have all the documentation needed for them to review.  Then, I got SMS updating me on status of my application and congratulate me when they approved my credit card. 

What is drastic difference on customer experience compare to those I got in Canada?  This would never happen in Canada.  Why?  Does people in HK spend more to make this operation cost justified?  No, US has a much larger population than HK.  Is it that the labour cost in HK is cheaper?  No, the salary cost may be lower in Hong Kong but it should be in the same proportion to income/spend as it is to the US. 

Charlie and I came to the conclusion that it is the intensity of competition in Hong Kong that makes it possible.  The additional customer service that will get them that one extra customer is enough edge for them to make this worthwhile.  Crazy isn’t it?


No comments:

Post a Comment